The 4,5h excursion of Freebird Catamarans leaves Tuesdays, Fridays and Sundays from Puerto Colón, in Costa Adeje (Tenerife). Our catamarans will sail in search of whales and dolphins to the cliffs of Los Gigantes and Masca. Our tour guides will inform you about the characteristics of the cetaceans species that we find during the excursion. You will learn about their habits, food, migrations, etc. Once we have been able to contemplate in freedom to cetacean species such as pilot whales, bottlenose dolphins, spotted dolphins, amongst others, you can relax sunbathing and enjoying a swim in the sea looking at the coast of Barranco de Masca. Finally we will return to Puerto Colon. If your hotel is in the north, click here for bus pick-up points NORTH
Tenerife Whale and Dolphin Watching | Family Half-day Excursions
Tenerife Half-Day Whale and Dolphin Tour
Book Excursion: 4,5h Masca & Los Gigantes Cruise
Timetable & departure
Departures Tuesdays, Fridays and Sundays: 13:15 Terms & Conditions
Boarding: Dock 10 or 15 of Puerto Colón
Departures Tuesdays, Fridays and Sundays
- Adults: 54€
- Children 5-12 years old: 27€
- Children 0-4 years old: Free
Pick up at your hotel & return
Services on board
- Beer, soft drinks, water and sangria
- Special menu for celiacs
- Special menu for vegetarians
- Specialized tour guide on cetaceans
- Relaxing bath in the sea
- Free transport
- Bus from north and south
- Children under 5 years old free
- Children from 5 – 12 years old to 50%
Our catamarans offers a VIP Zone with comfortable hammocks. Relax in the sun in your hammock during the excursion and enjoy a privileged view at the bow of the catamaran to see whales and dolphins in the best company.
FAQFrequently Asked Questions
- 1Where should I wait for the Freebird bus?
Check the map below and locate your hotel. When you click on the pin on your hotel, a panel will open on the left side of the screen with the bus timetables for your hotel. We recommend waiting around 15 minutes before the scheduled time on the map, as there could be variations depending on traffic conditions.
- 2How do I Make the reservation?
- Choose the date you want to book on the booking form on this page
- After that, choose the hour of your excursion and the number of attendees
- Then, click on the green button BOOK NOW, and fill your personal data on the following screen of the form.
- In the dropdown list PICK UP POINTS, choose the hotel where you will be staying during your stay in Tenerife, and you will see the bus timetable that will pass by your hotel
- Then, choose the payment method you are going to use and complete the process
- Finally, you will receive in your email the bonus with the reservation, where you will have all the details of your excursion
- Print it and show it to the tour guide at the pick-up point, and at the boarding dock in Puerto Colón.
- Enjoy your whales and dolphins watching excursion in Tenerife!
- 3How can I modify or cancel my reservation?
Check our general conditions to see the policy of cancellations and modifications of reservations. If you need to cancel a booked excursion or request a refund, you must do it sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the reservation number, name and date of the excursion. The information of the cancellation policy of each excursion is detailed in the description of the excursion itself and in the bonus of your reservation.
Terms & Conditions
Don't forget to take...Recommendations
- Warm cloathing
Fab trip – got sprayed by the whales!
Booked the Freebird Gold trip with reserved sun beds and it was excellent! Lots of drinks and food included in price and a really spacious catamaran to enjoy. Seeing the school of pilot whales so close up ( sprayed us from their blowholes as they swan under the catamaran nets) was the highlight of my holiday. An experience I will never forget. Can highly recommend this trip.
We went there today 12/817. Well organised, weather glorious and had brilliant views of Pilot Whales and pods of dolphins. Crew of ship were extremely friendly and helpful, Drinks and food were included. Marta was very knowledgeable about the marine wildlife. I would highly recommend this trip.
Just come back from this trip. We did spoil ourselves and paid for VIP. This consisted of our own sunbed, towel, waiter service and best of all being at the front of the Catamaran. So glad we upgraded as we have front row seats of the whales which were so close to us. Staff very friendly and informative , food was nice and drinks were offered numerous times. – highly recommend !!!
Great boat trip
This was one of the best excursions we ever had. We got to see the Dolphins and Pilot Whales, some of which were very close and managed to get some great photo’s!!!
We did opt for the VIP area and were first on the boat. The staff were great, the boat was clean and tidy.
The food was basic, but we were expecting that. We didnt know about the photo’s and video’s that were for sale, but we bought them anyway as the trip was so good.
Highly recommended 🙂