The 4,5h excursion of Freebird Catamarans leaves Tuesdays, Fridays and Sundays from Puerto Colón, in Costa Adeje (Tenerife). Our catamarans will sail in search of whales and dolphins to the cliffs of Los Gigantes and Masca. Our tour guides will inform you about the characteristics of the cetaceans species that we find during the excursion. You will learn about their habits, food, migrations, etc. Once we have been able to contemplate in freedom to cetacean species such as pilot whales, bottlenose dolphins, spotted dolphins, amongst others, you can relax sunbathing and enjoying a swim in the sea looking at the coast of Barranco de Masca. Finally we will return to Puerto Colon.
4.5h Whale Watching Boat Trip to Los Gigantes – Pick-up from North Tenerife
4,5H NORTH Excursion
Book Excursion: 4,5h Masca & Los Gigantes Cruise
Timetable & departure
Departures Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Sunday: 13:15 Terms & Conditions
Boarding: Dock 10 or 15 of Puerto Colón
Departures Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays
- Adults: 51€
- Children 5-12 years old: 25.50€
- Children 0-4 years old: Free
Free Bus – North Pick-up Points
Pick up at your hotel & return
Services on board
- Beer, soft drinks, water and sangria
- Special menu for celiacs
- Special menu for vegetarians
- Specialized tour guide on cetaceans
- Relaxing bath in the sea
- Free transport
- Bus from north
- Children under 5 years old free
- Children from 5 – 12 years old to 50%
Our catamarans offers a VIP Zone with comfortable hammocks. Relax in the sun in your hammock during the excursion and enjoy a privileged view at the bow of the catamaran to see whales and dolphins in the best company.
(Not included in the sales price. Price €10 per person. These cannot be pre-booked.)
FAQFrequently Asked Questions
- 1Where should I wait for the Freebird bus?
If you require a bus transfer, please ensure you choose the option for a transfer when booking, from here you can select your hotel from a list.
Once you have booked, you will receive confirmation of the time and place of your pick-up, with a map included if the pick-up point differs from your hotel.
We recommend being at the pick-up point 10 minutes before the time stated, as sometimes there can be slight variations due to traffic conditions.
- 2How do I Make the reservation?
- Choose the date you want to book on the booking form on this page
- After that, choose the hour of your excursion and the number of attendees
- Then, click on the green button BOOK NOW, and fill your personal data on the following screen of the form.
- In the dropdown list PICK UP POINTS, choose the hotel where you will be staying during your stay in Tenerife, and you will see the bus timetable that will pass by your hotel
- Then, choose the payment method you are going to use and complete the process
- Finally, you will receive in your email the bonus with the reservation, where you will have all the details of your excursion
- Print it and show it to the tour guide at the pick-up point, and at the boarding dock in Puerto Colón.
- Enjoy your whales and dolphins watching excursion in Tenerife!
- 3How can I modify or cancel my reservation?
Check our general conditions to see the policy of cancellations and modifications of reservations. If you need to cancel a booked excursion or request a refund, you must do it sending an email to email@example.com with the reservation number, name and date of the excursion. The information of the cancellation policy of each excursion is detailed in the description of the excursion itself and in the bonus of your reservation.
- 4How do you decide if you cancel a tour due to bad weather?
In case there are adverse conditions, the information provided by the AEMET will be taken into account to make the decision about the cancellation of the excursion.
- 5Is it possible to travel with a wheelchair?
It is not possible to use a wheelchair whilst onboard our catamarans, therefore it is very important to have some mobility to board our catamarans.
Please, contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your specific needs before booking and then we can confirm if we can accommodate them.
Terms & Conditions
Don't forget to take...Recommendations
- Warm cloathing
Fab trip – got sprayed by the whales!
Booked the Freebird Gold trip with reserved sun beds and it was excellent! Lots of drinks and food included in price and a really spacious catamaran to enjoy. Seeing the school of pilot whales so close up ( sprayed us from their blowholes as they swan under the catamaran nets) was the highlight of my holiday. An experience I will never forget. Can highly recommend this trip.
We went there today 12/817. Well organised, weather glorious and had brilliant views of Pilot Whales and pods of dolphins. Crew of ship were extremely friendly and helpful, Drinks and food were included. Marta was very knowledgeable about the marine wildlife. I would highly recommend this trip.
Just come back from this trip. We did spoil ourselves and paid for VIP. This consisted of our own sunbed, towel, waiter service and best of all being at the front of the Catamaran. So glad we upgraded as we have front row seats of the whales which were so close to us. Staff very friendly and informative , food was nice and drinks were offered numerous times. – highly recommend !!!
Great boat trip
This was one of the best excursions we ever had. We got to see the Dolphins and Pilot Whales, some of which were very close and managed to get some great photo’s!!!
We did opt for the VIP area and were first on the boat. The staff were great, the boat was clean and tidy.
The food was basic, but we were expecting that. We didnt know about the photo’s and video’s that were for sale, but we bought them anyway as the trip was so good.
Highly recommended 🙂